Now accepting registrations for 2020/2021 school year
Our day encompasses constant creative, physical, social, spiritual and intellectual reinforcements. We go on monthly field trips or have special guests visit. We also have baking days, colour days, letter days and science activities. Mother's Day and a Father's Night are two celebrations the children enjoy.
- Increases the children's knowledge about the world and the people in it (such as space, size, time, relationship of objects, facts about communities, families, animals, nature, materials)
- Develops skills in basic problem solving
Our program encourages:
- A respect for all of God's people.
- A Christian understanding of major religious holidays. (such as Christmas and Easter)
- A greater understanding of God's world.
- An understanding that Christianity is a daily walk with Jesus, following His example of how we act and treat others.
Our program teaches children to be:
- Cooperative and to contribute ideas the best they can
- Respectful of each other's rights (such as taking turns, sharing materials, being honest)
- Respectful of property (the school's and other children's)
- Self-reliant and responsible (such as dressing themselves, placing clothing in the allocated place)
Our program provides for the development of:
- Large muscle control through games, action songs and dramatics
- Small muscle control through finger plays, block building, playing with table toys, handling crayons, scissors, glue, modeling materials, books, etc.
- Healthy personal habits (such as cleanliness, hand washing, good habits of toileting)
Our program encourages:
- The expression of each child's feelings, ideas, and emotions.
- Children to experiment with different colours, shapes, and textures.
- Each child to express themselves creatively in his or her own way.
- Self confidence through creative expression.
Has a Bachelor of Education and has been with us since 2014. She has been teaching preschool since 2001.
Has worked and volunteered with children in a variety of capacities such as Child Welfare for 14 years, Girl Guides, children's ministry and Dreams Take Flight. She is passionate about early learning.
Monday, Wednesday, Friday 4 & 5 Years Old 9:15 - 11:30 AM $180/month*
Tuesday & Thursday 3 & 4 Years Old 9:15 - 11:15 AM $140/month*
*A non-refundable $35 registration fee and $55 field trip fee are due at registration.
HOW OLD DOES MY CHILD NEED TO BE? Children must be a minimum of three years old and be toilet trained (Pull-ups are okay as they transition from home to school).
PARKING? There is ample parking in the church parking lot, which has easy access to the front door.
INDOOR PLAY AREA? We use the fellowship hall as our gym, which allows us a big space for large muscle activities..
CHURCH AFFILIATION? The preschool is an nondenominational Christian program. You do not have to be an active member of a church for your child to attend, You just need to find value in your child attending a Christian program.
CLOTHES? Please dress your child in casual clothing. Each child needs shoes or slippers that are left at the school as indoor shoes. Please have their name on them. No laces are requested so that the child can put them on. A back-pack type of bag is needed for each child to bring their snack in and carry things home.
SNACK? The children will bring their own snack and drink each day. We request that it be nutritious and nut free.
TO PICK UP A CHILD? A signed note is required if someone other than a parent is to pick up your child..
HEALTH? For the general health of all children involved, please do not send your child to school with a bad cold or fever. If your child has diarrhea, fever, vomiting or a runny nose the teacher may ask you to take him/her home.
PARENT COMMITTEE? A parent committee will be organized in September to assist with, and plan for parties and field trips.
HOW DO I REGISTER? Please return your registration form with the a cheque for $90 made out to Noah's Ark Preschool Society covering the non-refundable $35.00 registration fee and $55.00 field-trip fee. Drop off or mail to: Noah’s Ark Preschool, 11 Glenview Crescent, St. Albert, AB T8N 1B7.
WITHDRAWING FROM THE SCHOOL? One month's notice is required if you wish to withdraw your child from school.
If you have questions about the opportunities available to you in our programs, feel free to send us a message. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
Noah's Ark Preschool 11 Glenview Cr., St. Albert, Alberta,
4 & 5 year olds
Monday, Wednesday, Friday: 9:15am - 11:30pm
3-5 year olds
Tuesday, Thursday: 9:15am-11:15am
Saturday - Sunday: Closed
Classes run from Mid-September to end of May